With the module 'Navigation' you can create and manage the menus on your website. You can find the module under the header 'Website'.
Summary of the article.
On this page:
- Module overview
- Controlling the navigation
- Summary of the navigation
- Menu item settings
- Related articles
With the module 'Navigation' you can create and manage the menus on your website. You can find the module under the header 'Website':
The user interface of the module 'Navigation' looks slightly different from other modules.
It shows a structure of 'menus' and 'menu items'. After every menu items you will see the publication status of the item, whether the item has planning set for it, and if its accessibility is restricted:
Controlling the navigation
You will see the following action buttons on the menu bar on the right-hand side of the module:
Add menu item
Edit menu or menu item
Delete menu or menu item
Publish menu or menu item
Move menu item up
Move menu item down
More: When clicking 'More' a drop-down menu will appear with more options:
Rollback: Version control; With this option, you can rollback to an earlier version.
Change permissions: Change whether different user groups can view, add, edit, delete or publish content, or change permissions.
Change scheduling: You can set when a menu or menu item goes on or offline.
Change accessibility: You can change the accessibility to this menu or menu item; everyone, just registered visitors or only specific visitor groups.
Take the menu or menu item offline
Duplicate: Duplicate the selected menu or menu item.
Audit log: An overview of all edits to the menu or menu item.
Summary of the navigation
When you select a menu item, a summary will appear at the bottom of the module.
The general part of the summary will inform you of:
- The name of the menu item
- The link type of the menu item
- Whether the link will be opened in the same window, a new window or a pop-up
The properties part of the summary will inform you of:
- The date and time of the creation
- The date and time of the last edit
- The date and time of publication
- Who has made the changes
Menu item settings
When you create a new menu item, you will have three options when choosing a 'Link type':
- None: No link will be set for the menu item. When someone clicks it on your website, nothing will happen.
- URL: Enter a specific URL. When a person clicks the menu item on your website, they will navigate to the URL you entered. It's recommended to only use this option for external websites.
- Page: Choose a webpage from the module 'Structure & Pages'. When someone clicks the menu item on the website, they will navigate to this specific webpage.
When you choose URL or page, you can decide in what way the link will be opened. You have three choices at 'Target':
- Same window: The visitor leaves the current webpage and opens the new page in the same window. This is the recommended setting due to accessibility for disabled visitors.
- New window: The target webpage will be opened in a new window.
- Pop-up: The target webpage will be opened in a pop-up window. You can set the width and height of the pop-up window, as well as the name.